Saturday, November 10, 2012

Good news and Thai tea


Hi all, at this moment I want to share my happiness with all my readers. My blog has won as the first place winner on Sekar Magazine blog contest. I was thrilled and surprised to hear my blog being announced as the first place winner. Alhamdulillah. Glad to know people appreciate my work and who knows they'll find an inspiration from this blog. Later on my next post to show my gratitude, I will be giving away "something" for three lucky person. Keep your eyes open !

thaitea2
thaitea4

Enough with the good news and here comes the bad news (haha...kidding !). As a person who loves eat well and drink well, I truly enjoy myself tasting new foods or drinks.  I taste them, I smell them and I feel them, if it meet my personal  taste then I put it to my "worth to try recipe" list. My list is getting longer and longer especially after I add more and more yummy recipes from foodgawker everyday.

thaitea6

thaitea5

This Thai tea (my version of Thai tea, only because I made it without following any specific recipe) is a favorite for my hubby and my son. I make it every weekend and nothing left in the bottle, they absolutely looove it. When the first time I tried Thai tea, I thought it was made from my usual tea leaves and pour some milk to produce the orange color. But then I was wrong, Thai tea is a mixture of black tea leaves, star anise and other spices.

I use milk instead of sweetened condensed milk to make it more creamy and thick. Add some ice cubes and feel the freshness and the exotic tea. Believe it's not just tea !
Here's the Thai tea mixture I used in this recipe.


(Homemade) - Thai tea

thaitea7


Enjoy....

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is really great.

    A delightful tea!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember drinking this is Bangkok and I loved it. I also saw this guy who would dance around with the tea in perfect rhythm. So beautiful it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... I guess everyone loves this tea. :) If you have the tea mixture, you don't need to go to Bangkok to drink it. So, come on make your own.
      The guy dancing around with tea sounds very interesting.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ira. Kalau Ira ikut, pasti Cooking Tackle yang menang. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...