Thursday, February 7, 2013

When scone gets swirled : Chocolate swirl scone loaf

swirlscone2

Three weeks after my dad's Cardiac catheterization surgery, our lives are starting back to normal. My dad was hospitalized for eleven days and it took out our attention, mind, energy and time. The surgery went smooth, the doctor was competent and acted fast in critical moment. My dad had become unconscious the time he arrived at the hospital. The pulse from his heart was only 20 beats per minute which is mean below average normal pulse 80 - 100 beats per minute. We almost lost him, but Alhamdulillah, we still have him alive. 

I made this scone loaf right before new year. I think keeping food photos and use them later whenever I get busy or when I have no time to bake anything is very favorable. Just like these days, where I concentrate on my dad's recovery and not fully back to my baking and cooking time. I only open my archive and choose some photos of a recipe I had tried.

Adapted from Donna Hay's Chocolate swirl scone loaf, the scone was absolutely perfect. I fall in love on how easy and simple it is to make and my curiosity for its swirl :D The original scones were made with oats and had a large round shape and grilled-bake over an open fire. Nowadays, the scones can be found in various shapes from diamond, triangle to wedge or people cut the dough with cookie cutter into heart-shaped or crescent moon shaped.
swirlscone5


swirlscone3
Enjoy.....

29 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Thankfully, he is still alive.

    This scone loaf is wonderful! I love playing around with scone dough.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosa. :)
      This swirl scone is different with the usual scone

      Delete
  2. May Allah fully recover your father. The scone looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lail. Your pray really means a lot to my family. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm drooling at those pictures!! This looks like chocolate pastry heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming Rachel.
      I really love your blog and all the recipe there :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, this is brilliant, and your photographs are stunning! Thanks for posting - I can't wait to try it. So glad your dad is ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. subhanallah....what amazing pictures...^_^
    salam kenal sis...
    aku make kamera saku...huuhu....
    sering cuci mata ke sini...suka banget sm blognya... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimie....
      Pake kamera saku sambil belajar motret. Saya awalnya juga pake pocket cam kok.
      Semangat ya.... :)

      Delete
  6. alhamdulillah Tika, yg terbaik buat ayahanda. keliahatan nya menarik nih Tika. Btw thanks for DMBGLIT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih, Asri. Doa dan support benar2 berarti buat keluarga :)
      Waaahh...soal DMBLGiT, you deserved the badge ! lha wong fotone apik kok

      Delete
  7. I love Donna hay! She makes food look so simple and clean. These scones would be wonderful if you could add some raspberries to it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...that would be great. Never make scones with fruits before. Thanks Belinda

      Delete
  8. emh nyem..nyem...
    teteh..begimana inih, bhs inglish sy belepotan, doakeun mudah2an gak salah ngadonan kalo nanti sy cobain, minat bgt soalnya:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...silakan coba, kalau ada yang ga ngerti boleh tanya kok :)

      Delete
    2. setelah dibaca bolak balik....mulai kebayang, jadi sementara ini blm ada yg ditanyain teh..
      *bukan krn ngerti, lbh krn gengsi sbnernya....hihihi

      Insyaalloh besok eksekusinya, ntar kl udah jd, laporan lagi di mari...*ngikik..

      Delete
    3. Hehehehe...guampang pisan kok. :) Ayu pasti bisaaaa. Ditunggu hasilnya ya, mudah2an enak. :)

      Delete
    4. lapor....

      udah jadi sconenya...uwenak banget..
      cuma sayang pas mau dipanggang, saya teken gulungannya*kamsutnya biar menyesuaikan dengan lebar loyang* lupa kalo itu bukan roti hihi...jadinya bentuk gulungannya lasut banget alias memble hahahha...

      tapi terlepas dari bentuknya yg demikian, saya suka banget sm scone ini, meski dengan bahan yang minim, rasanya tetep enak...^^

      hatur nuhun resepnya udah dishare..!

      Delete
    5. Hehehe....iya kalo gampang2 trus enak jadi seneng bikinnya :)

      Delete
  9. I'm quite happy through out your papa's health issue,
    the scone simply drolling me, but i think your father can't take it since it contai gluten and chocolate derivates...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dedy. But unfortunately, my dad passed away last week.

      Delete
  10. I love your pictures. Makes me feel like cooking and baking right away! Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alhamdulillah that your father is on the road to recovery.

    Oh my goodness...I love this set up n of course love love the choc scones swirl. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great recipe, i try it now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...