The recipe is very easy and simple and does not take long and available for vegans too. You can replace the chicken stock (which I used in this recipe) with vegetable stock. Actually, I found this from the recipe book for vegan. :) So, yes .... for all vegans, you could try this recipe by replacing the chicken stock.
- 250 gr stalks of celery, cleaned and chopped
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 250 gr mushrooms, trimmed and chopped fine
- 2 large carrots, cleaned and chopped
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- salt, pepper, nutmeg powder and sugar to taste
How to :
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add onion and sweat for about 10 minutes.
2. Add chicken stock, salt, pepper, nutmeg powder, sugar carrots and mushroom into the pan. Bring to a boil.
3. Adjust heat to maintain a slow simmer and put the celery into the pan.
4. Let cook for a while, until celery are soft.
5. Serve it.