Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chocolate covered Oreo



A very simple recipe, especially when you're not in the mood to bake a cake but you want to eat something sweet but simple and easy to make. I had a really good story to go along with this little recipe. A cup of left-over dark cooking chocolate, that I left behind for a day after my food photography project "When Strawberry met Chocolate". I didn't know what should I do with the chocolate. Then an idea popped out just like that "why don't you make chocolate covered biscuits".

So, here is the recipe of Chocolate covered Oreo Cookies

Ingredients :
- Oreo Cookies
- Dark cooking chocolate

How to :
1. In a stainless steel bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water, put in the dark cooking chocolate. Stir until melted, remove from heat.
2. Using two forks, dip Oreos (a couple at a time, depending on the size of your bowl) in the melted chocolate and coat both sides. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. (Decorate top of cookie with sprinkles or crushed candy canes, if you like)
3. Let set in refrigerate for about 45 minutes to an hour.

Easy, isn't it ? And your kids will love it if you make these cookies to joy them.
Have fun and enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...