Monday, August 1, 2011

The winners of "Does My Blog Look Good in This ?" July Edition are ...

Before I announce the winners, I have to tell you that I had so much fun hosting this event. Big thanks to everyone who submitted their beautiful photos to this event (the party is not complete without you !). I met new friends and new wonderful blogs through this event. Once again, thanks so much to Andrew for letting me hosting this event and also to Shari for making and send me the badges right on time (she sent me the badges 3 days after I announced the DMBLGiT July !! Good job, Shari :-) )

Many thanks to my wonderful panel of judges Pepy, Dario, Sylvie and Carli for their time to go through all the entries. Thank you so much for helping me this month put on a great event ! One thing I've learned from this event is being a food photography judge is also a part of learning in photography. So, if you want to encourage yourself of being a DMBLGiT host and also a judge just send email to Andrew with "DMBLGiT Host" as the subject.

And this is it, the most awaited moment and here are the winners of DMBLGiT July Edition.....

OVERALL WINNERS, the overall winners have the highest scores in all three categories combined.

First Place - Herb Roasted Aubergine by Asha Pagdiwala from Fork Spoon Knife
 
 
Second Place - Peach Gallete by Jasenka from Sweet Corner


Third Place - Lemon and Limoncello granita by Edda from Un déjeuner de soleil


INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY WINNERS, each photo was scored in three categories: edibility, originality, and aesthetics. The photo receiving the highest total score in each of those categories, excluding the three overall winners, is the specific category winner.

Edibility Category Winner - Watermelon and Fennel Salad by Jenn Oliver from Jenn Cuisine


Originality Category Winner - Sift it! by Aqua from Served With Love


Aesthetics Category Winner - Albicocca chiama, gelsomino risponde by Rebecca Eboria from So long and thanks for all the food


HOST'S AWARD, this is my privilege as the host of this month. I can choose a photo that I liked so much and it goes to .... Buttermilk biscuits, cheese anda berries by Pamela Rodriguez from Uno de Dos


Congratulation to all winners and yes ... your blogs really look good :) ! I would also like to take this opportunity to wish every Muslims Ramadhan Kareem. With a prayer that may the blessed month bring for all peace, tranquility and happiness and may the Almighty accept our endeavours to gain His blessings and mercy. (Amiin)

(Homemade) - Blueberry ricotta cheese pie

The event is not over yet ! I hand over the baton to Pavithra of Dishes from my kitchen as the host of August Edition. So, wait up for the announcement on her blog. See you there ....

.:: Tika Hapsari Nilmada ::.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the e-mail and hosting DMBLGIT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise! Thanks a lot and congrats to all winner, the pics are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners and thanks for hosting Tika! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picks!! Congrats to all the winners and thanks to you for hosting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to all the winners! good job as a host, Tika!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to the winners! amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really honoured by such an achievement, thanks a lot! Congrats to all the winners, looking forward to see more beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to all the lovely winners and thanks for being a lovely host. Loved Aqua's photograph so much. and so glad it won!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An excellent shot for first place; the other winners are damn good too! Thanks for hosting hope you had fun and discovered plenty of new and exciting food blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all and thank you very much for choosing my photo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you som much, i`m so honoured!! And thanks for hosting :)
    Great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats to all winners! well done Tika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there Tika, first time coming down to your blog. I'm impressed by your consistency in sharing Indonesian cuisine. Thumbs up.

    Commenting on DMBLGIT, the winner deserves it, a low key photo but looks delicious. Who's hosting the next one I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Fellexandro Ruby :) Thanks for coming here. This month host is Pavithra, you may check the detail at http://www.dishesfrommykitchen.com/2011/08/dmblgit-august-2011.html
    You better hurry up, send your entry before August 20 . See you there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...