Sunday morning, raining, I feel like I wasn't in the mood to go to the market. But my son and hubby has to eat something for breakfast. Luckily, I have a plastic of salted dried tiny silver anchovies. Uuhhh....it just perfect for fried rice.
In the place where I live, we can meet salted dried fish stall everywhere from traditional market to hyper mart. Warm rice, salted dried fish and shrimp paste sambal (sambal terasi), those foods really work to whet my appetite. *I'm mouth watering right now
Here's the recipe of my version of fried rice. I like to cook without a recipe, just follow my kitchen instinct.
Nasi goreng teri Medan/ Fried rice with salted dried tiny silver anchovies
- 2 plates of cooked rice
- 4 large red chillies
- 5 onion, peeled
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons of salted dried tiny silver anchovies
- sugar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chooped spring onion
How to :
1. Fry salted dried tiny silver anchovies. Set aside.
2. Using pestle, mortal, food processor or blender, make a paste with red chillies, onion, garlic, salt, sugar and pepper.
3. With the same oil, saute the onion, garlic and chili paste until fragrant.
4. Add cooked rice and salted dried tiny silver anchovies, stir well.
5. Serve it.
Make 2 servings.